Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Triaction Women's Triathlon

Well while all of you were having an extra sleep in on Monday (well those whom happen to live close enough to Auckland to get Anniversary day) I was doing the annual Triaction women's triathlon.

It was a 400m swim in Pilot Bay, 10km bike around Mount waterfront and finally a 2.5km walk/run.

There were age groupings, I was in the second group 20-24yr. I reckon I was closer in age to those whom were in the next age group up. We were the second group released. But I was like one of the last 15 out of the water anyway.

Of 253 entrants 13 either didn't turn up or they didn't finish the race. I know this because I was last across the finish line at number 240!

The fastest person finished in 34.24 minutes I took 1:29.34 nearly a full hour after her.

It was a grand adventure and I am thinking about getting professional help with my swimming as that is what took the longest. Also I am a very poor swimmer and would like to get back to the level of ability I was when I was at Intermediate.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, swimming, I didn't register that you would be doing that Lol. I always hated swimming at school, I could never swim properly except for breast stroke. I always got water in my mouth when I tried to breathe doing freestyle.

    ReplyDelete