Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cooking Adventures

Well my first attempt at ginger crunch went very well, however I was nearly finished doing the icing when I remembered that my Godmum said she normally doubles or triple the icing recipe.
Key points for next batch:

Triple Icing recipe
Don't cook base for as long.

The base was fine however the bottom half of the base is dark brown and the top half is the brown it's meant to be.

I also attempted the mini vege frittatas that the Food In A Minute lady has been doing on TV for the last month or so.

They are nice.

I did not use the steam fresh veges as she does I just used frozen stir fry plus mixed veges as the steam fresh products are very expensive.

Key points for next time:

To much asparagus
Don't make in paper patty cases. (because they stick quite a bit to the paper)
The egg, milk (I used oat milk as I think normal milk is yukky) and cheese mixture will look disgusting!!

3 comments:

  1. Eating asparagus will make your wees stinky. Apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, how do you get your spaces between paragraphs??

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Me teaching the computer wizz something.

    I just make them the way normally would, by pushing the enter button twice!

    ReplyDelete